Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- Live Life with Enthusiasm.
- You need a zeal for life. (2Kings 10:16) “And he said, Come with me, and see my zeal for the LORD….”
- You need a passion for life. Meaning: an intense desire to live life to its fullest.
Psalm 21:2 “Thou hast given him his heart’s desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.”
Psalm 21:4 “He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.”
- You need to have an excitement for life.
Psalm 32:11 “Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy,….”
Psalm 118:24 “This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”
Those who lack enthusiasm and fervor for life are ineffective and unhappy in life and work. They give the impression that neither are very important. Enthusiasm and zeal bring results now and eternally.
- Live Life with Earnestness.
- You need to have a fervent life.
Romans 12:11 “Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;”
1Peter 4:8 “And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.”
To be fervent is to live life with feeling and fire. To have fervor is to have a glow about you from the fire that is burning within you.
- You need to have a sincere life. You need to be without hypocrisy or deceit. You need to be a faithful. You need to be incorruptible.
James 3:17 “But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.”
Matthew 25:23 “His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.”
- You need to have fixed intent. You need to have a fixed direction of thought and life. You need a determination to do a specific act with enthusiasm and in an earnest manner. The act needs to be done with design and purpose.
Too many Christians are flippant and unconcerned about life and work. They fail to take their earthly and heavenly responsibilities seriously. Effective results and a good life come with earnest work.